The expert went on to say that a vampire facelift should be a personal decision; depending on what a patient is trying to accomplish.   |  Photo Credit: iStock Images
New Delhi: Pessimism aside, we have to admit that we now live in a world where pollution, stress, processed and unhealthy diets are the norm. Around the year, we expose our skin to so much and increase the risk of developing fine lines, wrinkles and dull skin at an early age. Sadly, just like premature greying of hair, the early onset of the signs of ageing is becoming a common cause of concern amongst the young group of people. However, the good news is that the medical and cosmetic surgery industry revolution has introduced various products that can help in hiding, mitigating or even completely eliminating these signs of ageing.
While procedures like eyelid rejuvenation surgery, botox, liposuction and others have gained popularity over the past few years, there is another procedure that is raising eyebrows for its positive effects on skin health and signs of ageing it is vampire facial or vampire facelift. Although the term created a buzz in 2013 when American model and businesswoman Kim Kardashian opted for it and posted a picture of her face after the treatment.
Vampire facelift is a cosmetic procedure that uses a patients blood injects plasma and hyaluronic acid filler to make the skin look firmer, more elastic and less wrinkled. Now in India, the vampire facelift is becoming more popular with the metropolitan population.
To understand the pros and cons of this procedure and how it works, Times Now Digital connected with industry experts. Dr Viral Desai Aesthetic and Cosmetic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, Reconstructive Surgeon, and the Founder and Medical Director of DHI India, CPLSS, Sarla Hospital & Desai Hospitals spoke about how a vampire facial works, the time it takes and the possible risks involved.
The treatment often referred to as a vampire facial, is also known as platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy. The technique involves the separation of the platelet-rich plasma from the blood which will be injected into your skin, to help rejuvenate the skin and help promote the building of collagen. Around 10 to 30 millilitres of blood is drawn from an individual. The platelet-rich plasma is then injected into the concerned areas of the face. The whole treatment can be performed in less than 30 to 45 minutes, Dr Desai explained.
The centrifuge machine helps to concentrate the platelets in the blood, and this platelet-rich plasma has a high concentration of growth factors which in turn helps in stimulating growth factors, increasing the building of collagen, rejuvenating, and tightening the skin, he added.
The expert went on to explain how PRP has become one of the most desired treatments in the industry of cosmetic and plastic surgery. It is used to treat ulcers that are difficult to heal, acne scars, treating skin problems, anti-ageing, and skin rejuvenation. The treatment involves growth factors and plasma from the patient's own blood which decreases the risk of any side effects, infections, reactions or rejection.
With respect to the risks involved, Dr Desai said, The PRP treatment can be treated as any other medical procedure. There is a slight risk of infection if the disposables used are not correctly disposed of or the needles involved in the needle pen are not properly sterilised. Always make sure to check and verify the credentials of the doctor if any of your treatments involve invasive therapies.
Dr Debraj Shome, Clinical Scientist and Leader at the R&D Team of QR678, shed light on the possible pros and cons of a vampire facelift which he said is also known as a Dracula facelift.
The PRP is extracted from the blood which is rich in platelets with extremely high levels of growth factors. When applied to your skin, these growth factors help in boosting the cell turnover rate. The skins hydration levels increase as the growth factors boost collagen and elastin production. They also infuse your skin with antioxidants. This procedure also improves the absorbing power of your skin which means your skin can absorb other skincare products better, he said.
What are the benefits of a vampire facelift?
The pros of the treatment range across benefits like:
Improving the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines along with skin texture
What are the potential side effects of a vampire facelift?
The cons or the potential side effects include:
The expert went on to say that a vampire facelift should be a personal decision; depending on what a patient is trying to accomplish. If one wants to revitalise the facial features and look young again, there is a price to pay; its an extreme procedure that takes a few weeks to heal. The procedure when done can be painful, but patients can get the look they want afterwards.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a professional healthcare provider if you have any specific questions about any medical matter.
- Cheers to Making 2022 Your Year to Save Water - Magazine of Santa Clarita - November 23rd, 2021
- Dr. John Anastasatos of Los Angeles Plastic Surgery Announces an Innovative and More Effective Minimally Invasive Facelift Procedure - Yahoo Finance - November 9th, 2021
- Plastic Surgery Houston TX | Dr. Leo Lapuerta MD FACS - November 9th, 2021
- 15 Best Peptide Skin-Care Products 2021 for Smoother, Firmer, and Plumper Skin - Allure - November 9th, 2021
- Your Jaw Is Going To Drop When You See Selena Gomezs Face Transformation - SheFinds - November 9th, 2021
- Katie Price shows off the results of her recent facelift in Turkey... - The US Sun - November 9th, 2021
- Combining beauty and technology with Lloyds Medical Group - Yahoo Finance - November 9th, 2021
- How to make lips look full and lifted without plastic surgery - Insider - October 29th, 2021
- Aesthetic Surgery Center wins Best of Naples Award for Best Cosmetic Surgeon Fifth Year In a Row - PR Web - October 17th, 2021
- Plastic surgeon to celebrities explains every tool she uses - Insider - October 6th, 2021
- Female Face Lift Market Insights and In-Depth Analysis 2020-2025 with Types, Products and Key Players - Northwest Diamond Notes - October 6th, 2021
- Twins Want Matching Vaginas, Spent Over $190,000 On Surgery To Look Identical - Latin Times - October 6th, 2021
- Jada Pinkett Smith and Willow Smith Admit They've Both Considered Getting a BBL on New 'RTT' - Entertainment Tonight - October 6th, 2021
- Medical Aesthetics Market Report Highlights The Competitive Scenario With Impact Of Drivers And Challenges 2027 UNLV The Rebel Yell - UNLV The Rebel... - September 1st, 2021
- Julia Morris just got an eyelid lift. Here's everything you need to know about the procedure. - Mamamia - September 1st, 2021
- Everything you need to know about botox - Times of India - September 1st, 2021
- SB Aesthetics Medical Spa In Santa Barbara Battles The Signs of Aging Through Leading Wrinkle Treatment and Facial Rejuvenation Technologies - Digital... - September 1st, 2021
- Katie Price releasing gruesome 'raw' video of her latest cosmetic surgery overhaul - The Mirror - July 23rd, 2021
- Are You Ready for Post-Op Selfies? - The Cut - July 23rd, 2021
- Does Chewing Gum Help Your Jawline? Facts and Myths - Healthline - July 23rd, 2021
- Kerry Katona planning makeover with breast reduction and facelift - Liverpool Echo - June 9th, 2021
- Braunwyn Windham-Burke Shares a Peek at the Results of Her Recent Facelift - Bravo - June 9th, 2021
- What To Expect Through Facelift Surgery And Complications? - Influencive - May 29th, 2021
- How to fight the 'Zoom Effect' and look 10 years younger after lockdown - OurWindsor.ca - May 5th, 2021
- Has Khloe Kardashian Ever Gotten Plastic Surgery? The Before And After Photos Are Telling - Gossip Cop - April 21st, 2021
- Is Fat Transfer the Future of Anti-Aging? This Expert Says Yes - NewBeauty Magazine - April 21st, 2021
- Say goodbye to wrinkles with the ultimate anti-aging device - Big Think - April 21st, 2021
- Aesthetic Medicine Pioneer With More Than 25 Years of Experience Honored By Boston Magazine - PR Web - February 25th, 2021
- Inside Cosmetic Surgery's Zoom Boom, and the Rise of the Male 'Power Profile' - esquire.com - February 25th, 2021
- Dolores Catanias plastic surgery explored RHONJ stars before and after pics! - Reality Titbit - Celebrity TV News - February 19th, 2021
- Jane Seymour on Turning 70, Why She Hasn't Had a Facelift and Being a 'Glass Half-Full Person' - PEOPLE - February 19th, 2021
- Give yourself an instant facelift with the Hanacure face mask - Yahoo! Voices - February 19th, 2021
- People dont like the way they look on Zoom: Plastic surgery lift during COVID-19 pandemic - Global News - February 17th, 2021
- Cosmetic Threads Market Size 2021: Global Industry Deep Analysis by Top Countries Data, Sheres, Definition, Industry Trends, News and significant... - February 17th, 2021
- Jane Seymour on Turning 70, Why She Hasn't Had a Facelift and Being a 'Glass Half-Full Person' - Yahoo Entertainment - February 17th, 2021
- What Procedure Is Going To Get You The Fox Eye Look According To Our Experts At the Naderi Center - PR Web - February 17th, 2021
- Ask a Castle Connolly Top Doctor: How Aging and Gravity Affect Your Skin - Everyday Health - February 14th, 2021
- Protective Masks Are Changing the World of Skincare - MarieClaire.com - February 11th, 2021
- Subcision for Acne Scars: Treatment and Effectiveness - Healthline - February 10th, 2021
- Secrets of Anna Friel's ageless looks - grisly procedures to open take on surgery - Mirror Online - February 4th, 2021
- The Rise of Cosmetic Dentistry as an Alternative to Face Lift - TownandCountrymag.com - January 31st, 2021
- Jennifer Lopez Says Her Botox Is Trying To Be Kind and Lift Up Other Women - Vanity Fair - January 27th, 2021
- Research Report and Overview on Oculoplastic Surgery Market, 2020-2025 - Business-newsupdate.com - January 22nd, 2021
- Gwen Stefani Once Joked About How She Got a 'Face Lift' Without Going to the Doctor - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - January 22nd, 2021
- Dr. Samuel Lin Continues Partnership With Haute Beauty Network - PR Web - January 22nd, 2021
- It breaks my heart: Thumb injury forces pro video gamer to retire - CNBC - January 22nd, 2021
- Seth Curry will remain sidelined vs. Celtics to improve conditioning - The Philadelphia Inquirer - January 22nd, 2021
- The Weeknd shows off freaky face from plastic surgery in new music video after wearing bizarre bandages at a - The Sun - January 12th, 2021
- Version 3 of vaccination playbook creates 'lanes' to front of line in Nevada - KLAS - 8 News Now - January 12th, 2021
- OK! tests out treatment to lift your jawline without any surgery - OK! Magazine - January 12th, 2021
- The 2021 Way-Too-Early college football top 25 - ESPN - January 12th, 2021
- The nobody-nose job: how the pandemic led to a rise in plastic surgery - - January 9th, 2021
- Sinus Lift: Procedure, Cost, Recovery, and More - Healthline - January 5th, 2021
- Look inside the $75m mansion where Kylie Jenner spent New Years - Heat - January 5th, 2021
- Real Housewives Of Potomac: All The Plastic Surgery The Cast Had Done - Screen Rant - January 3rd, 2021
- Laser Skin Tightening: What to Expect, Procedure, Results, Etc. - Healthline - December 28th, 2020
- 7 non-surgical skin-lifting and glow-boosting skin treatments you can try in 2021 - VOGUE India - December 24th, 2020
- One laser, five treatments: Achieving a contoured visage with the Fotona5D Laser Lift - CNA - December 24th, 2020
- Kucherov's Injury Gives Lightning One Short-Term Cap Benefit, But It Doesn't Outweigh The Consequences - Forbes - December 24th, 2020
- Tomorrow and tomorrow: McConnell drags the nation along on COVID relief - New York Daily News - December 19th, 2020
- Double Chin Surgery: What to Expect, Cost, Recovery & More - December 18th, 2020
- This nonsurgical procedure promises to give you tighter, youthful-looking face - The Indian Express - December 16th, 2020
- Medi Lift: the Japanese beauty product that promises facelift results without surgery - SoraNews24 - December 16th, 2020
- MedShift Connect Reveals Client Wins, Rapid Growth, and Key Metrics - PR Web - December 9th, 2020
- Danielle Lloyd spotted with nasty bruises under her eyes after trip to see cosmetic surgeon in Turkey - The Sun - December 7th, 2020
- Dolly Parton plastic surgery - all the cosmetic changes 9 to 5 singer has had - Daily Express - December 6th, 2020
- Did Kendall Jenner Have Plastic Surgery? How Her Face Has Transformed Over The Years - Gossip Cop - December 4th, 2020
- Did JoJo Fletcher have plastic surgery? Bachelorette star has addressed rumours before! - Reality Titbit - Celebrity TV News - December 3rd, 2020
- Raton family asking community to help lift spirits of daughter - KRQE News 13 - December 3rd, 2020
- 5 Skin-Care Trends We Can't Get Enough of That Will Be Everywhere in 2021 - POPSUGAR - December 1st, 2020
- Tumescent Liposuction is Availble Through Appointment WIth Robert W. Sheffield, MD Plastic Surgery In Santa Barbara, CA - Press Release - Digital... - December 1st, 2020
- Las Vegans share COVID-19 concerns after Thanksgiving gatherings - KLAS - 8 News Now - November 28th, 2020
- The Worldwide Skincare Devices Industry is Expected to Grow at a CAGR of 11% Between 2020 to 2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com - Business Wire - November 27th, 2020
- TOP 6 Beauty Trends of 2020 -- Revel in the most celebrated trends and product innovations unveiled in CosmoTrends - PRNewswire - November 25th, 2020
- Texas Sinus, Allergy, Snoring and Sleep Institute; Khetarpal Facial Plastics Institute New to The Woodlands, Experts in Sinus, allergy and Sleep Care... - November 20th, 2020
- Oculoplastic Surgery Market To Grow With A CAGR Of 5.80% In The Forecast Period Of 2020 To 2027 | Top Companies- Zimmer Biomet, B. Braun Melsungen AG,... - November 19th, 2020
- I'm A Celebrity 2020: Beverley Callard Before And After Surgery Transformation Pictures - Capital - November 18th, 2020
- Dr. 90210's Amazing Season 1 Transformations: See All the Before & After Pics - E! Online - November 18th, 2020
- Plastic Surgery Houston TX | Cypress | Basu Aesthetics - November 11th, 2020
- 'I just want to see the person I always saw in my head': the story of a face - The Guardian - November 10th, 2020